Protective face masks have become a part of our daily life, whether we like them or not. There’s no escaping being shielded from the world around you, whether it’s due to a respiratory illness, a work requirement, or COVID-19 protocol.
As a result, it’s possible to use essential oils to help. They’re a simple and natural approach to help freshen cloth face masks in a matter of minutes. Furthermore, going outdoors can be made easier with just a few drops of essential oils where it’s a little more enjoyable and less stressful as well.
Adding essential oils to your face masks
Essential oils can both be applied in cloth and surgical masks. Prior to handling your mask, however, always remember to wash your hands after each use.
Step-by-step guidelines given by the Taiwan Centers of Disease Control:
By wrapping a surgical mask with a cotton mask, you can extend its lifespan. The surgical mask’s protective layer can be shielded by the fabric mask. For mental relaxation, a few drops of essential oil can be added to the cloth mask.
- Simply add 2-3 drops of essential oil into the two openings of the cloth mask.
- Add one drop of essential oil to a cotton ball or pad.
- Place the cotton in a plastic bag and seal it.
- Along with the cotton, place 2-3 sets of children’s masks in a plastic bag.
- Let it sit inside the plastic overnight, then the masks will be ready to use.
Important things to note:
- Add only 2-4 drops of essential oil to your masks. Allow the oil to evaporate a little before applying to the mask in order to alleviate the strong scent.
- To prevent an allergic reaction, avoid putting the oil on the sides of the mask as it comes into contact with the skin.
- You can add more essential oils on your masks with 1-2 drops after 4 hours.
- You can blend different oils, but this is a bit more complicated and not recommended for first-time users.
What is the best essential oil to use for your face mask?
Choosing the right essential oil for your face mask depends on your personal preference and needs.
Here are our Yuan Essential Oils top picks:
For colds: Yuan Purifier (清方）Revitalising Essential Oil
The Purifier Essential Oil helps refresh your senses with the purifier blend oil. Recommended to diffuse during or around those having colds as it eases the breathing airway with its fresh natural minty scent from tea tree, patchouli and peppermint oil, which is naturally antibacterial.
For fever or flu: Yuan Tea Tree (茶树) Antibacterial Essential Oil
The Tea Tree Essential Oil is one of the most versatile essential oils to have in the house. It also helps relieve the common flu.
For decongestant & antiseptic: Yuan Hinoki (桧木) Cypress Essential Oil
Hinoki Essential Oil is well-known for naturally killing bacteria, viruses, viral infections and fungi. It has a relaxing and decongestant effect on the body, helping to relieve tension and stress. It is also excellent in alleviating sinus and chest congestion, and respiratory problems.
For nasal allergies & mood booster: Yuan Vitality (悅方) Essential Oil
The Vitality Essential Oil helps relieve nasal allergies while also promoting a livelier and happier mood.
Read more about Essential Oils: Their Benefits & How To Use Them.
Where to buy Yuan Essential Oils?
We are the exclusive distributor of Yuan Skincare & Soap in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam. Our products can be found in our official online stores and e-commerce platforms.
Find out where to buy Yuan Essential Oils here: https://www.yuanskincare.com/where-to-buy-yuan-skaincare-soap/
About Yuan Skincare & Soap
Clean natural herbs-based luxury. Yuan Skincare & Soap 阿原肥皂 is a renowned Taiwanese brand offering a wide range of handmade soaps, haircare products and award-winning skincare products, crafted using natural and eco-friendly ingredients, to restore your skin and hair through the power of oriental herbs.